Saturday 11 June 2011

Take 1 - ACTION


Today We started filming our Music Video. We went down to...I've forgotten the location's name. Silly me! I'll post the location later on. The weather was perfect, we could not have asked for a better day. Although it did start raining the minute we packed up everything.

The shooting went fine. I think we could have done better. The shots are beautiful, one or two are gorgeous, but I just think that we could have been better prepared. We just seemed to decide what to shoot next on the spot. That's not a way a would work personally because it makes us waste time. I guess I like to be organized with my Storyboards and Shotlists. I think that when you are working with these tools your brain is free to be inspired. The Storyboard and Shotlist are just there for you to fall back on just in case something's not working.

I didn't get much of an opportunity to operate the camera myself. I only touched it once to shoot Mila running down the hill. I just decided to step back and observe. I did carry the equipment as we moved locations and I looked after it while Mila, Vedant and Amy were shooting the running shots. Sometimes You learn more from just observing. It's quiet interesting.

I have to admit that I was getting frustrated with this project but now I'm cool about it now. I've come to realize that I'm working with creative people. We don't always see things from the same view point.

When I'm working with my peers I try to communicate my Ideas and whether it goes through or not I just leave the final decisions to them. I just know that I am an Artist with my own vision and that's what makes Armando Ferreira, the one and only. Maybe I'm not meant to be a cinematographer, maybe I was born to Direct. I'll leave it on that note,

No comments:

Post a Comment